You guys! It's officially spring! Of course, it already feels like summer here in LA, but I hope the rest of y'all are experiencing some warmer weather!
With the new season, I've decided to make a few spring resolutions. (New Year's is great for resolutions, but why not keep making them year round??)
1. Keep exploring/experimenting with fashion! I've been having so much fun lately trying new styles and wearing what makes me happy. To go along with my rejuvenated fashion sense, I was lucky enough to get an absolutely incredible hair makeover from the wonderful Tanya Ramirez (follow her on insta at http://instagram.com/untamedinstinct and check out her website here). Tanya gave me the beautiful pink bob I've been rocking the past month, and when I went in to her salon yesterday, we decided to do something super spring-y. In less than 24 hours I've heard my hair described as sherbet, a lily, a sunset, candy, and more. I personally like to think of it as the color of Easter Peeps - a white base with pink and yellow highlights. Regardless, it's absolutely magical. I feel like Weetzie Bat (my newest obsession and addiction), and it's spring perfection!
2. Start running more. I'm already an avid runner, but the feel of spring is really inspiring me to get out and start training for a race. I finished my last half marathon about six months ago, and I've been itching to sign up for another. I've got a couple of friends doing a color run, so I'm looking forward to doing that, and hopefully finding a fun half marathon to do with my boo.
3. Stay body positive. With the coming summer also comes the pressure to fit into a brand new bathing suit. Blah! I've really been making an effort all year to love my body, but I want to reboot that effort as the weather gets warmer. I'm going to soak up the sun and cherish everything about myself, and remember that I'm blessed to have a body that allows me to run, swim, and enjoy the warmer months!
4. Wear sunscreen!! I know, I know, I sound like your dermatologist. But seriously - wear sunscreen. My super pale skin used to be a point of insecurity, but lately I've come to really adore my milky complexion. It's part of my look! And while I've always worn sunscreen on beach days or long runs, I'm determined to wear it more consistently (especially on my face and neck) this year!
5. So this one isn't official, but I'm thinking of giving up coffee for a while. I know coffee isn't bad for you (in fact, it's actually proven to be good for runners), but I don't drink normal coffee. Haha no, I drink vanilla macchiatos and pumpkin spice lattes. When I do drink brewed coffee (at home from the Keurig), it has to be flavored and I end up putting waaaay too much creamer stuff in it (seriously, it's half coffee, half creamer). This means I'm ingesting more sugar than actual coffee, and, though I hate to admit it to myself, it's probably terrible for me. Plus, I rely on caffeine way too much. It's time to consider cutting back on coffee - plus I always enjoy a good challenge :)
What are your spring resolutions??